September already!!! It is so amazing how fast time flies as I age!! Summer is almost over, only 22 more days until Fall officially starts. It is time to clean out our Fall clothes! Now, if you have a family, you not only have to clean out your own clothes but you are responsible for doing the same for your kids! So, for this September Closet Organization Task List, include your kids drawers and closets too.
Fall Clothes Clean-Out:
- Sort and discard old sweaters, sweatshirts, jeans, tops, shoes, boots, etc... if you haven't worn it all last year, donate it!
- Try on any questionable items, don't just stick them in the keep pile if you are unsure about them
- Dry Clean any items that aren't ready for wear
- Make repairs if needed; to clothes and shoes that will be worn this season
- Purchase missing items that are "staples" to start your 2011 Fall season!
- Be sure and repeat the above list with any drawers in the room, not just the closet!
Now, don't be fooled about this to-do list. Notice that I am not telling you to put away your summer clothes yet. That will come in October. Just start cleaning out your fall items and preparing to use them. We have many HOT Atlanta days left!!
Yours in organizing,
Michelle Ducato :: www.containyourhome.com